Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Big Thaw Is Coming!


They boys, as you can see, made the most of the snow.  Instead of having them wrestle inside and threaten the safety of our furniture, the front lawn became the wrestling arena. Frankly, it's about as good as a padded room!  It's soft for landing on and there's not much to break - except for each other!
  






I think my snow shoes and cross country skis appreciated this winter as well because they got more use than any other winter!






Ted is now in his second week of work at his new job, Senior Director of Human Resources at Enobia. So far he is really enjoying it.  Even traveling to Montreal was enjoyable.  So much easier than flying for 17 hours. Plus, there and many more food options around for him! ha ha


Ted did not take any time off in between jobs, however his last week at Boston Power happened to be the same week as February Break.  He was able to take a couple of days off and play with us.  We explored the Acton Discovery Museum one day and another day went snow tubing.


As you can see from the following pictures, we had a theme for February break. We found a Space Crafts book at the library so we spent the week making other worldly objects out of our recyclables.

Mickey Mouse in an astronaut space suit.
A pom pom planet mobile.
Cal is ready for travel in his cool space helmet!
Alien puppets in a space ship. Aren't they scary?!
It's a ball of aluminum foil and ribbons...  I mean, a comet!
Comet Ball quickly became the new game!
  
Wow!  The parachute man really works!
The star sun-catcher.
This is a space-themed snow globe (I used corn syrup!)
Cal's Pine Derby Entry
That's me in contacts.  I haven't worn them since I scratched my cornea with them in high school.  But they've changed a lot since then so I thought I'd give it a try again.  The best part is wearing fun sunglasses!
Running in the rain is so much easier with contacts!
The thaw is coming!  The roads are clear enough for a scooter ride!

Big news with the swimmers!  Cal won his first race this last Saturday in the back stroke!  Yeah!  Also, Wilson did not finish last in one of his races - this is a first for him!  Yeah!

The quote of the week comes from Cal when he told me, "Mom, I'm a girl fan."

3 comments:

  1. Love the space helmet AND the contacts...
    Sooo cool...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny...this is so great. I love that I can keep up with the boys and what is going on with you and Teddy...it makes the miles between us lessen...I LOVE IT...thanks so much and keep it up...Meag (i have no clue why my sign on is Meag and Sue???)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so funny! Meag and Sue, or does my blog think you are Southern - MeaghanSue, or maybe it's Meag ensue?

    ReplyDelete